Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2001 440 fan cooled snowpro a couple weeks ago. Man when I went and looked and rode it. It ran fine. I beat the piss out of it in this guys yard, took it down the rode, and had no problems at all. I bought it. We went up north Friday to Tip-Up Town and it ran great for about 30 mins then it dies, tried to restart and failed, Pulled the plugs and they were dry,(hmmm ran out of fuel maybe)put the plugs back in, and it fired up. Rode it 5 miles on the lake. Did it again. Towed it back to the hotel. Cleaned the carbs completely, readjusted the needles and mixture screw, and the damn thing ran great. Again beat the piss out of it for 45mins in the field next to the hotel. Thought cool its fixed. Pulled up to tell everyone lets go riding and it bogs and dies. Pulled plugs and the same thing plugs were dry. Thought it was a fuel pump issue. But it was pumping fuel fine. Could it be vapor lock????? Man I got so frustrated with it:mad::mad:, we put it on the trailer and i rode one of my buddys sled. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Jeff:dunno::dunno:

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes and still did the same thing. I googled the problem and founf an issue with vapor lock. Anyone else heard of that?

·
Registered
27,165 Posts
No never, too cold for that on a sled! I would go threw the fuel pump and replace all the fuel lines including the pick up in the tank! Could also be as simple as the external coil heatin up!

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed the fuel pump and the lines, Still doing the same thing. As soon as it did it this time, pulled the plugs and they were dry. Checked spark and had spark. And there was gas in the bowls of the carbs. Just about ready to just pour some gas on it and lite it on fire:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you figure it out, let me know, been chasing the same issue with my kids ZR440, changed the fule pump, went through both carbs, changed the line in the tank, will pull your arms off for 300 yards and then falls on it's face. Good spark, stator ohm'd out good, ........ I feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After talking to some old bush riders (old drunk bush riders, But knew everything and were pretty cool) up north. They gave me only 3 things to do. 1. Was to gut the air box or put after market filters on them.( i just gutted the box). 2. Fatten the main jet up (it had stock 310 jet size, I put 350's in it). 3. Readjust my carbs (they told me to when engine is hot to adjust my airmixture screw to 1 turn out and adjust my needles until the carb barrel just touched the bottom of the carb then a half turn more). And remember to re check my plugs after about 10mins of riding. Man this thing is fixed, We ran it all day yesterday with no problems at all. :D:D:D:D Thanks for all you info from here too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.