Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been having troubles with this sled backfiring. it will only back firing as you are starting the engine, and when it back fires it blows out the mag side seal. i have gone thru replace all the seals, crank, water pump (both mechanical and oil) used arctic cat sealant for the case halves, fresh top end. i thought it may be poor quality seals? i used winderosa so i replaced them with cometic. checked my values at the stator, and they are with in spec. only other thing i havent mentioned is she can be real hard starting if the sled hasn't been ran in a couple of days, has good compression 125-130 psi. reeds seem to be in good shape. it doesnt backfire every time you go start it but when she does 9 time out of 10 the seal will be blown out on the mag side. i am questioning the exhaust sensor and or the timing adjustment dial. any ideas of what i am missing or not seeing. would running ethanol gas cause this? i tried to avoid it but sometimes you are forced to run it.

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Excess fuel in the base.
Needle valve is not seating, or more likely, fuel is leaking in from the fuel pump pulse line.
Check the needle valves and do a pump rebuild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts