Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Where are the wheels?
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2000 XC600. I have a 2" thick Polaris service manual that came with the sled, but can't find an owners manual anywhere. Polaris has some online, but apparently 2000 is too old to get anything but supplements. So, the easy questions:

• What kind of spark plug should I be running?
  • What octane fuel should I be running?
  • Warm up time? Any specific requirements for not letting it idle too long?
  • Anyone have a diagram of where what idiot lights are and what they all mean? (Unfortunately this thing is way low on actual gauges, so if I see a light I'll probably have to figure out what it means PDQ.)
  • Anything else I should know?
  • Last, and most embarassengly, is there a battery in this thing? I'd think not for a 2 stroke pull start, but it would need a serious stator/altenator to run the lights.

Thanks,

-DDK

·
Super Moderator
17,885 Posts
Champion plug RN57YC is the spec, some guys use NGK BPR9ES. If you get the NGK's, make sure they are the "P" version, the electrode is a bit longer than the regular BR9ES. I have had good luck with both Champion and NGK.

I run 91 octane in my sleds because it's the only gas available without alcohol here. If it has alcohol, definitely run 91.

A good warm-up procedure is to idle until there is heat in the rear heat exchangers, then shut the sled off to let the whole engine warm while you finish getting ready to ride.

There won't be a battery unless it has a starter.

Can't help on the gauges. The stator puts out 275-280 watts, which is plenty to run the stuff on the sled.

·
Where are the wheels?
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! Around here our fuel options are 87, 89 & 93. It's all got ethanol (alcohol), so I guess I should be running 93?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys I have a 99 440 XCR SP. I just found out that I should also be running the RN57YC plugs in it, do you know what the gap spec is on that? Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts