Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i need your help with this chaincase. Here is the story. Buddy has reverse installed at the dealer and decides he wants to change track after. I put track in and replace driveshaft bearings at same time (of course). Putting chaincase back together i notice a tooth is gone from the reverse idler gear. He gets new idler and lower reverse gear from dealer not in packages but good used and i install. Doesn't barely go any miles and the thing shears the reverse idler because it is not aligned properly! The reverse gear is sliding to the far side of the gear and engaging like 30% of the reverse gear. The lever seemed to have proper freeplay after it was put together. Is it possible they gave me gears with differen't offsets or.....? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, ok why do you think the reverse gear would slide to the far end of the idler gear? Is there supposed to be a stop of some sort? If so i don't see it in the fiche. Could it have got hung up? Chain alignment on the top and bottom gear look good. I'm wondering how the reverse gear could get that far over??? Kinda lost..... Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just posted under new member sorry. I am not sure how to do pic's yet, but let me ask you this. Could the linkage be far enough out of adjustment to pull the reverse gear to the other side of the idler? Iv'e read that when the lever is pulled there should be 1.76" through the hole to the gear on the front cover. Is that correct for my model? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.