Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2000s rmk engine in a older wedge. It is a 600, I have 700 carbs, jugs, reeds, head, an pistons. Could I swap out the top end? If so what would I have to do to the jetting? Any knowledge is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I am going to say doubtful as iirc the cases are different not too mention possibly the CDI, muffler, water pump, recoil, and the clutching will be different as well most likely,, not too mention if one is a has those valves and the other doesn't. It just isn't a easy swap. Tbh if you are going to do this then buy an 700 from a wrecked sled.

And imho you will not see that great of a HP increase for all the work you are going to do. If it was me I would go aftermarket reeds, boost bottle, new clutch springs, aftermarket helix in the secondary and be done with it. Too much work for such a little increase in power vs what I listed which would bring it up damn near close if not above what the 700 has now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you,
I am going to say doubtful as iirc the cases are different not too mention possibly the CDI, muffler, water pump, recoil, and the clutching will be different as well most likely,, not too mention if one is a has those valves and the other doesn't. It just isn't a easy swap. Tbh if you are going to do this then buy an 700 from a wrecked sled.

And imho you will not see that great of a HP increase for all the work you are going to do. If it was me I would go aftermarket reeds, boost bottle, new clutch springs, aftermarket helix in the secondary and be done with it. Too much work for such a little increase in power vs what I listed which would bring it up damn near close if not above what the 700 has now.

·
Super Moderator
17,165 Posts
If the water pump is between the cylinders, it's a small block and what Coolhand said is spot on. Won't work. And if it's a 2000 600, it's probably a small block.

But for those contemplating the swap and have a BIG block 600, the swap isn't hard, just finding parts such as the CDI can make it a bit of an issue. The crankcase, stator, crankshaft, carbs, and pipe are the same for both the big block 700 and the big block 600. The CDI and jetting for the carbs will be different, and of course, cylinders and pistons.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
For the amount of work in doing all that though eh. The HP difference can be made up with those mods and clutching more then anything these days makes such a difference.

·
Super Moderator
1,859 Posts
If you are going to keep it, rebuild it, and while you have it apart do a little flow porting you will be amazed what a die grinder can do!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Trust me I have ridden those year 600s and 700s and there is very little difference in HP or low end torque. Ridden them on trails and lakes. The 700 was only a bit faster in the overall top end. A 600 setup right can compete with a 700 without issues.

I see you wanting to do all this stuff including trying to turbo charge a 500 now and you are wasting your money. I hate saying and being blunt like this but if you really want more HP, more low end torque you need to buy yourself something much newer past 2001 in a 800 or 900 or 1000. If you want to stick with Polaris, stay away from the 800s and some of the 900s as they have issues until a certain year. KC has a 1035 iirc putting out 250hp without turbo and all that.

·
Super Moderator
1,859 Posts
206 on Bikemans dyno with the quiet can!
You most certainly can make more hp but the reality is you will never be able to keep up with BIGGER Displacement!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts