Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i received a hjc heated shield for x-mas for my 2000 xc 700sp. Does anybody know where to hook it up. I saw on a previous post, that there is a voltage regulator through the fins that can be seen on the right hand side. Is this true? I looked an there is a yellow wire (hot?) on one nut and three other wires on the other nut (ground?). i believe this must be the voltage regulator. it looks like a 2x2 square with 2 nuts on it, is this where the hookup can go. also will this in any way affect my headlight? my buddies shield only works when on high beam. Any polaris knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
I got some heated shields for my son and me for Christmas, and I was thinking the same thing. What about hooking up to the key switch, so that the shield is on whenever the sled is running? With the electric start sleds, it would be a no brainer, hook a wire to the battery, run it through a small amp fuse and to the plug in. I suppose a fuse in line either way would probably be a good idea, to prevent any wire damage from shorting out the sled electrical system.

·
I gotta have more Cowbell
328 Posts
Your shield didn't come with instructions? Or dealer instructions?

Anyway...
You are partially right. The voltage regulator is on the right side in the area you describe, however the yellow wire does not go to ground. It should have a bannana plug and plug into a black rubber connector. You want to get your power from this yellow wire, and if you look at the connector, you may notice an unused hole that you can plug into and draw power. Be sure that you are using a fuse near that connection in case you ever have and shorts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts