Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im am able to buy a blown up 2000 polaris 600 xc for $400 im wondering would it be worth it to buy this sled and rebuild it? Otherwise what about putting a 700 or 800 twin engine in it? Is it easy to swap in? or what would need to be changed to do the swap?
Thanks

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
for 400, its almost worth it. id offer 200, 300 max.

also depends on what kind of condition its in.

unless you have an engine laying around, a new one costs around $1000, so you have to think about the time and money your going to put into a sled that possibly may never run. if you are going to put a 700 or 800 motor into a 600 chassis, you may need to tweak a few things. the main things i can think of are steering post, carbs, and clutch, but im no sled expert so you might not have to change anything. you will need a larger pipe though i think, i know the 800 pipes are very big and the 700 pipes are getting there.

·
BAHNN Motorsports
189 Posts
I have the whole engine minus the mag cylinder/piston if you need parts. Dropping in a 700/800 is not as easy as it sounds...almost everything under the hood will have to go....the price is very attractive and for guys like me a no-brainer but if you decide to buy the sled and fix the engine you can email me at [email protected]

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
Yeah you might as well be putting a new/rebuilt 600 in it.
I took an old 700 edge i got for free and dropped in a brand new 05 600 engine (which i luckily got for 750, it fit with no mods to the chasis.. so you have a big range of years to choose from.

5/6/700 pipes are identical i believe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts