Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just wondering if anyone has done anything to raise the skid before, like putting in a spacer or something, ass end sits kinda low thanks.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
What do you consider low? If that is a Xtra-10 then they don't sit as high as the Edge model does. Or your springs are shot or the shock is shot and most likely a combination of the two. It should have rebuildable fox shocks on it. Those need to be rebuilt every few years or so many miles as over time they loose their charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's the extra 10 and the shocks seem fine would it be easier to drop an edge skid into it? I dont know much about sleds, is there I way to get a bigger lug track on it as well It has the RIP saw track on it rn but I usually take it up north where the snows mich deeper

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Shocks can seem fine but when you take them off you find out they are easy to push in. If it has the Fox Shocks on it the Rear Rear one takes the brunt of the abuse. I personally would take it off and see how it rebounds in your hand. If it is squishy then you need a rebuild. Also there is adjustments on the suspension for the springs that will make the suspension stiffer. Those springs take a lot of abuse as well and are easy to change and around 30-35 bucks a piece. You should be able to find someone locally that will rebuild the Fox Shock as well for around 30-50 bucks. I just had to rebuild the Fox Shock on one of my sleds it only had 500 miles on it but it was last rebuilt over 5.5 years ago and over time they can lose their charge so took it in to the local guy and he rebuilt it with new oil & seals for 50 bucks.

If it is a Gen II which it sounds like it is then I don't think you can put a Edge suspension on it and as far as the lug goes you are probably at the max you can go as well as there is a radiator at the front of the tunnel any higher and you might tear it open. If you want to play in deeper snow you might be better off buying a RMK but stay away from the 800 engine during those years up to 2014 or so. Get the 700 if you can you don't lose much hp and with a set of reeds and boost bottle you make it up pretty quick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts