Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sled is really bpggy on the low end, up to 25 MPH is really slow and boggy, do i need to adjust the carbs? i use 91 octain gas maybe that is the problem, i have cleaned the carbs. any help would be great, thanks!

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i used a tourch tip cleaner and cleaned everything out, the carb is clean as a whistle, the air filter had some gas kinda soaked in it, would that have something to do with it

·
Registered
1991 Polaris Indy 650
61 Posts
Check the compression,
As well as the clutch springs, weights and rollers on the primary.
I had flat spots on my weights and the rollers had worn through which caused a head ache! sled would bog in the low rpms!
Check the reeds, might have a bent or broken reed.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I currently have a blue spring on the clutch with 1056 clutch weights, there is 3300 miles on the sled and as far as i know the spring is not been replaced, what color is the best for this sled? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1991 Polaris Indy 650
61 Posts
For the stock setup: primary spring, it should be a 120/310 black spring.
weights should be 10-56 weights.
As for checking the reeds, youll need to remove the carbs. unbolt the carb adapter, pull out reed stuffers and then pull out the reeds. Check all the reed peddles and make sure they are not damaged or curled up. Next from the inside if the reed block, gently press up on the reed peddles and release,making sure that the reed peddles return to to a flat position.
If the reeds are even slightly damaged or curled up, it will greatly effect the performance of the engine.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you i pulled the reed out of both sides and did everthing you said and they looked good, stock clutch weights for that are 10-54 so i changed them down to that and it made a huge difference! And there is a blue spring in it now so i got the stock black one so im sure that will fix the problem all together, man with changing the clutch weights that thing is fast! Im changing the spring tomorrow

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just put in the stock spring in the sled and the stock clutch weights, spring is all black and the clutch weights are 10-54, the sled runs amazing!!! so go with that set up and everything will be good to go, thanks all for the input and help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.