Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used MXZ 700 and had it running the other day.

It would only run at about 100 mph.......

I was just wondering if it should be running faster than that because I expected more speed from it..........

Thanks for your comments.....................

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a 2000 mxz 700 I could only get about 100 to 105 out of it. I heard other people complaing about this also. My rev 800 will only do about 105 to 110 and thats in the right conditions. It seems triples run a lot higher top end speeds at least the ones I owned in the past.

·
Registered
2 Posts
that is in the range,

did you go through clutching, is it still stock gearing, how is plug color and piston wash and temp when ran?

just remember it is not how fast it will go, it is how quick it will get there

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dad has a 02 legend 700, I got it to 95 and it felt like it still had some to it. I just got my sled last year at the end of the season. Havent had a chance to get it up that fast. Its a 99 MXZ with a pipe and a clutch kit. It clutches out at 5500 rpm. Dont know much about the motors yet but anyone know if its gonna be faster? I know I whip my dads sled so far.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I own a 2002 mxz 700 and topped out at 112mph, weighing 250lbs thats not so bad. Killed several polaris's 700's and also a 2002 mxz 800 and the guy weighed fifty pounds lighter than me. All done on a very long lake in canada last year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2000 MXZ700 Special Edition that I was able to hit 110MPH on a frozen river in Canada. It has a Goodwin clutch kit and Delta 2 V-Force Reeds on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know speedometer's aren't accurate, but I'm the one that said I did 112 that was with my stock mxz700 I just got the adrenaline and can't wait for Feb. when I go back up to Canada

·
Registered
205 Posts
hey '02mxz, B/S on beatin a 800 with your 700!!! especially if he was lighter than you. they wouldnt make a 800 if the 700's were faster. !!!! THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Hillbilly, your name fits you well, If you get a divorce from your wife is she still your sister? Or are your mother and sister the same person. I don't bullshit, why would I be putting down a fellow ski-dooer. Just because the sled you ride couldn't even come close to being at the finish line to see who actually won.

·
Registered
205 Posts
hahaha!!! good 1!!!.................ass. that was 1 of the dumbest comebacks i've ever heard!! did your boyfriend think of that 1? you fag. i think everyone in this message board would agree, your 700 is NOT gonna beat the same year 800. and also, have you even seen a post that said what my sled is?? the only reason i wont be at the finish line to see who won, is cuz i'll be back at the bar already waiting for your little ski-dont to finish.
p.s. if you're ever in western mass, come find me, i'd be more than happy to hand you an asswhippin(dont get too excited, i'm talkin about racing!!)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
GUESS THE SAND BOX ISN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR THE BOTH OF THEM:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I was riding my uncles 02 700 Legend and i was going 104 and it was a on little hill:p

·
got snow?
93 Posts
Hillbilly800 said:
hey '02mxz, B/S on beatin a 800 with your 700!!! especially if he was lighter than you. they wouldnt make a 800 if the 700's were faster. !!!! THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!!!
How do you know were you there? I also own a 02 700 mxz and i have NO probem keeping up with and or beating SAME year mxz 800's. Off the line it is a hard sled to beat. And that is half the race right there.I also own an indy storm with v-force reeds dg tripple pipes,studs,cluctched and geared for the wholeshot and i can smoke it with my mxz right up untill 112 then it gains on me.Oh if your that good a rider come on up to northern ny and well see who gets to the bar first I know it wont be you or your 250 colt ss. MABEY YOU SHOULD THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey 700 Doo thanks for the support, The 800 definitely toasted me off the line having more picks and being lighter, but to just reiterate for hillbilly I was talking top end. He pulled up along side of me doing about 90 and I had more to give on the throttle then him. His first words to me when we stopped were and I quote "what the hell do you have under there". All stock except for some picks.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
DOIN' THE DOO!:D HEY 700 DOO WHERE IN UPSTATE DO YOU LIVE?

·
got snow?
93 Posts
I live in St Regis Falls about a half hour from Saranac Lake its a good spot to live cause the trail is a litterally 150 feet from my house.:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts