Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody! Admittedly I am a snowmobile rookie. I have a 2000 600 triple Indy Triumph with 2100 miles on the odometer - I bought this sled 3 weeks ago. It couldn't have run any better then it did the first time I had it out 3 weeks ago. I had just acquired the sled and all I did was fuel it up with premium fuel after picking it up. It sat in the garage after that evening of fun for 3 weeks and last night I got it out again due to 4 inches of fresh snow. It started immediately and idled with the choke off when it warmed up. After idling for about 4 minutes it died, it restarted with no problem and I blasted off toward the field. Less than a mile away it acted like someone shut off the fuel and died while driving. It started right back up and ran fine except I had no idle. If I hold the throttle open just a hair it will run but as soon as I let off it dies. I tried a little iso-heet thinking it may be water in the fuel but that accomplished nothing. The only thing I did before riding this time was top off the oil with amsoil interceptor synthetic oil. The previous owner said he ran synthetic oil.

My question is what should I look for? Does it sound like I need to clean and resynch the carbs?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yea I would start by giving the carbs a good cleaning it sounds like you picked up a piece of debris in one of your low end jets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cleaned and synched the carbs, bought a sweet used track with picks, cranked up the suspension and lubed everything. WOW - this triumph hauls now!!!! I love this sled. Next year I am going to rebuild the shocks and change my cracked hood but for now I love this sled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts