Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my two wheeled golf cart. 1956 Bobcat. Built in Wheeling Il.

My 1978 Bronco Custum.

And this is the jeep that I just traded for a 97 Indy 600 XLT.

I'll have to get some pics of the sleds, seeings this is a snowmobile forum! The indy and a 95 mxz 440.

·
King of the Universe
6,674 Posts
Love the golf cart!! That has to be pretty rare...not to mention valuable!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Love The 2wheeler!! you don't see those everyday!!:eek:
love the bronco.. a buddy has one 95%done with his ground up resto black like yours!!

and a fellow jeep owner

you've got some great toys!!

CHEERS TO YOUR GARAGE! thanks for sharing!!:D

·
FORGET WORK- I WANNA PLAY
1,094 Posts
Love the golf cart. That was built pretty close to home.Interesting.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had that golf cart since I was 14. 21 years now. I just had the motor gone through last summer. Runs great again. I took it golfing end of the season. I'd like to find out some more information on it, especialy the value before I rstore the body, it may be worth more the way it is. I don't think I would ever let it go though. I'll probably fis it up and paint it. It'll look good at golf outings!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saddly, I had to get rid of the jeep. I was suposed to sell it before I bought the Bronco. (wife's orders) So after I brought the Bronco home, I promised to sell it!. I traded it for a 97 indy xlt 600. It is pretty good looking, the jeep. It needed some motor work though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i love the Bronco i want a one so bad!!!! hahaha the golf cart is pretty sick too!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good idea with the clutch kit! I was ging to take the governer off to start with. It will keep up with modern carts now, but you can tell theres a little more in it. When I go uphill it lets it have a little more power and then on flat ground the spring pulls it back a little.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The nameplate says Bobcat corp. Wheeling Ill. I'd have to get the titlw out, but I think it just say's Boncat. The US golf assoc. museum sent me a copy of an early 60's Golf Digest that has an ad for these in it. Says "get 72 holes to the gallon." Parts of them were made in a small factory in Frankfort, MI near me. An old friend of my granfather's used to be an engineer there and he is the person my father bought this cart from 20 some years ago. It has a battery powered headlight and tailight that someone must have added to make it street legal at one time. It has a license plate from 1964 (I think) on it still. That gives me an idea, maybe the secretary of state may find some info from that plate #. If anyone does know anything about these please let me know. I've only seen one picture of another one in the few years I've been searching for info. Anyway, it's a lot of fun and a real head turner on the golf course! On another note, I got my indy back from getting new needle and seats and a tune up today. Runs great, can't wait to get out there. We got 6-8 inches of fresh snow last night...gotta go!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heres a couple more toys

1995 mxz 440, may want to sell this one, anyone interested? $800 It sports a custum duct tape seat and about 5000 miles.

1997 Indy 600 xlt, the one I'm riding right now

·
oh canada hmmmhmmmhmm
1,370 Posts
here piggy piggy. Oh there you are why you hiding in the grill. Thats a funny tan you got there. Loooooove roasted pig

·
Registered
50 Posts
Year later post almost than the previous posts, but nevertheless, have u had any problems with ur XLT? I've heard the 3rd Piston tends to Freeze up, so the sled starts running on 2 and eventually blows.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No problems yet, I've only had it for a year. I got it from a friend who owned it since it was new. It has 4000 miles on it and runs perfect. Hasn't had crank or piston problems. (yet....cross fingers....knock on wood)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts