Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or do you have to take apart half the sled to get the air box in and out of a phazer? To me it looks like I have to take off the the handle bar cover, the head light cover, the seat, then I can lift up the cover that is under the headlight area and put the air box in.
Is there a better way?

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
look on the left side near the fuel lid. just ahead of that is a noticable flat rectangular tab with a slot in one end. the slot is to pry it up. under that is a 10mm head bolt. thats the key to removing that airbox on all phazers and exciters. only other thing in the way is the secondary clutch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks yamadad. I've not removed the secondary before. The way i understand is i lock the break, then remove the bolt, then the secondary pulls off. Is this correct? No special tools needed to pull?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
thats the way its supposed to go. there was another site member the other day who had one stuck on the shaft, not so easy. when your done and before installing the secondary, clean the shaft and put some grease or anti-seize on the shaft. you will be glad you did.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The secondary removal was a breeze. The last person who took it off had put some grease on there.
It took a bit of cursing but I finally got the air box back in there. Just had to figure out the sequence. A few things are tricky, like putting that intake tube on after you get the air silencer in place so it goes around the steering column. Also had to figure outthe last thing to go on was the boots between the silencer and the carb.
Next stop on my phazer, repair the electric starter and fix the pull starter too(it winds back real slow)
Thanks for your help yamadad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts