Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
hope some one can help. just bought this sled last week, 600 miles ago:). I started it today after taking a break about 2 hours into a trip. It started as normal i think. I hit the gas hard and got a loud back fire. Then no power all with in 1 or 2 seconds. I swapped in new plugs (BR9EYA)(thank you passer-byer with spare plugs) Then I Drove ~5 miles. One plug looked as clean as new, the other looked normal(some cooked on color) If i disconnect one plug wire it continues to idle. If i put it back and disconnect the other it shuts off. so i beleive it is running on one cylinder, hence the loss of power and top speed of maybe 60-65MPH, 30MPH on hills:-(. I swapped the wires from one injector to the other. I had the same problem on the same cylinders. so i beleive it is not the computer. i think i'm getting oil to the one cylinder but not gas. Can an injector go just like that? Looking back it backfired once before after starting it and gasing it, and maybe it lost a tiny bit of power... I was running fast today at points, 95-97MPH on a pretty icy trail for short periods, cruising normally aroud 65MPH. maybe something got too hot?
any help will be greatly appreciated...
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
take ur plugs out of both cylinders put your thumb on one of the holes and have someone pull the start rope
then repeat on the other hole
if one hole pushes your finger off the hole
and the other doesnt or doesnt feel like the same amount of pressure then you just blew a piston or a seal is gone and should bring it to a mechanic and have him solve ur problem sounds like u blew a piston ring or something of that sort
dont drive it till u figure it out

·
Registered
17 Posts
you should have your plugs grounded at all times or damage can happen to coil. i wouldnt suggest pulling off a plug wire while running.

·
Registered
282 Posts
he doesnt mean while its running. he means pull the plug out and pull it over once or twice.

·
Registered
570 Posts
cat_crazy said:
you should have your plugs grounded at all times or damage can happen to coil. i wouldnt suggest pulling off a plug wire while running.
I've never heard that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts