Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a full rebuild of a rmk 700 bottom and top end..now that i have got the motor back into the sled i have no spark, when i pull the motor over the dash lights up, but there is no spark at the plugs. I am stuck, does anyone know about tests that can be done in different parts to figure out what is going on?

·
Registered
615 Posts
i would recheck all your connections especially on the coil/cdi make sure the little pins aren't bent.make sure your grounds are good brown is ground.on your stator white to green wire should have 5.3 to 6 ohms,white to base 0 ohms,red to blue 150-190 ohms,red to base open,black open,brown to base 0 ohms base is engine.yellow wire is for lights acc.also try unplugging the single black wire with round plug by stator it will bypass your shut offs just to make sure its not a switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive tried the black wire disconnect,and the red to blue is at 155 ohms. is there any way i could test the cdi to rule that out? i cant see why it would fail but thats just about the only thing left that i can think of. thanks

·
Registered
615 Posts
in 99 they had problems with the coil/cdi.usually they lose spark on one cylinder first then both but maybe yours just went on both i have a 99 and gone through 2 already and there a dealer only part and around 350 bucks and the new ones are no better

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got it going, took everything apart and cleaned every single connection, threw it back together and it seems to be good. i havent had to put a cdi in it yet.. but by the sounds of it its bound to happen.... not looking forward to that one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts