Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 mxz 600. last year I had a piston burn down so I rebuilt the top end. it ran great for 4 miles then it started to backfire and shut down. it didn`t burn the piston again so I just put it away for the year. this year I rebuilt the motor from the crank up. thought I might have bad seals. ran great for 3 miles then it started to backfire and shut down again. I put a new coil on it also has a new stator. carbs have been cleaned. The only thing I can think it could be is a bad cyclinder or a bad electric module. has anybody have any ideas out there. hate to keep spending money on parts I don`t need!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
do you have a manual that tells about the gauges? i have a 03 800 mxz and was wondering if you could help with what the indicator lights mean. any help would be awsome

·
Certified Mechanic
56 Posts
Get a compression tester; they are only like 20 bones for a basic one and it will let you know right away if its your engine causing the problems or something else. A compression tester takes a lot of guesswork out of the process. Each cylinder should be 120 psi at least to function properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts