Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you snowmobilers have to say good or bad about a 99 indy trail 500 F/C. I have a chance to buy one but want to know others opinions. It has 2300 miles and looks to be in excellent shape. I can get it for $2,000 but dont know if thats a good price or not. Thanks!!

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
It should be a dual carb 488 cc.

I have a 96 trail that I bought new over 6 years ago and it still runs great. It has over 5000 miles on it and has only needed repair once. Ended up having to install a new drive chain at 4000 miles. The sled still runs great and I would recommend it to anyone. $2000 is an okay price, I think $1800 would be the fair number just based on shopping around a bit.

At any rate, the trails are well known for their durability and excellent engines. I still love mine even if all it gets used for these days is the occasional day trip or pulling out the fish house.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like everyone said good reliable sled. Don't worry about rebuid untill at least 5000 miles. The only problem is if you like to go fast, the Trail is verry mild with low but smooth power. It is a great family sled though.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
yes i would have to agree with everyone, it is a great sled, it can go threw alot of beating, and yea cobra is right, try to change that price a little bit

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a 98 indy with the 488 and it is fantastic! I even am keeping it as an extra when I buy my new 2-up instead of trading it in. It is GREAT!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 89 indy 488 that was just rebuilt but it has 16,000 miles on it and was never touched until last year. it now is a true 500 due to boring of 20 thousands over but still runs great. These engines are bullet proof 2000 is not a bad price for this sled ...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
OFFER HIM $1700 THAT SOUNDS FAIR FOR A FAN.

GOOD LUCK!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts