Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the summer my steering seems to have locked up, I can't find a zerk anywhere? Does anybody know if there is one? Polaris says there is....and if I need to replace the steering post can I do that easily? Or does the engine have to come out?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just looked at mine and mine are right in front. Look there and if you dont see it let me know and I will take a picture and post it
I just got my steering post out of the sled, there is a hole for the zerk fitting but it isn't there. I'll try threading one in a feeding grease in but I think I need a new steering assembly...anybody have one for sale?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am leaning toward it isnt the post thats sticking, I would look closely at all the tie rod ends, they are all open to the weather and will rust up, WD all tie rods, pop the outer tie rods off the steering arms at the ski's, make the ski's turn free and easy. and work your way back

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am leaning toward it isnt the post thats sticking, I would look closely at all the tie rod ends, they are all open to the weather and will rust up, WD all tie rods, pop the outer tie rods off the steering arms at the ski's, make the ski's turn free and easy. and work your way back
Thanks for the suggestion, we
tried that before pulling the post. It is the post it is locked up solid, really strange! I'm going to look for a new one but I'll try some heat on it first!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.