Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Im looking to replace the 2 carbs the parts book shows this:
Carburetor VM 38-410 (PTO) Grand Touring 500.
Carburetor VM 38-411 (MAG) Grand Touring 500.
I cannot find them anywhere? is there a aftermarket that would work?
There's a guy here he have every part you can imagine, literally, I dont know if he ship you could give him a call. He doesn't have a website check on google map Motoneige Dave Gosselin · 170, Local 3, Rue Edward-Assh, Sainte-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier, QC G3N 1A1, Canada

· Registered
530 Posts
Tell us what is going on with the carbs. Normally carbs do not need to be replaced unless something broke off of them during repair/cleaning. If the motor is not running right/will not start, then most likely they just need a good cleaning.

· Sled Of The Month Judge
2,867 Posts
Your best bet is to R&R the carbs you have, or find a good used set. There are off of the shelf carbs, but you'll need to develop your own jetting for them.

Snowmobile carbs aren't like lawnmower carbs, they are almost always cleaned and rebuilt, not replaced.

· Sled Of The Month Judge
2,867 Posts
A kit being available is hit or miss, usually you'll buy parts individually. Replace any o-rings, gaskets, needle and seat, as well as anything else that shows significant wear or damage.

· Registered
27,907 Posts
Again NO KIT!
If you can not clean these your self, you will have to pay someone!
Take the carb apart, remove the main jet
]Remove the pilot (up the tube)
Remove the air screw (turn in til touches counting turns 1.5-2?)
Remove the choke cable
Spray all the passages or take it to someone with an Ultrasonic cleaner

· Registered
530 Posts
Agree with KC, stay away from the kits. The pars are hit or miss if they are correct. If the fuel is leaking out of the over flow vent, then it is a good idea to replace the float valve. The rubber on the tip is going on 24 years old and is not sealing up properly to turn off the fuel. Replacing the bowl O ring gasket and the O rings in the air screw is a good idea. Again, 24 year old rubber. Spend the money and get them at the dealer. Spray all the passages with cleaner and air to make sure they are clear.

· Registered
530 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
if you need a fuel pump and a cdi coil I have both from my 1999 500 grand touring. the fuel pump needs a rebuild kit, but is complete and the coil was replaced because I thought that was my problem. it wasn't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts