Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1999 formula III 700 was Wondering what people’s opinions of these were. I was looking at previous posts and it was not looking good engine and suspension problems. Also saw that MXZ’s have faster take off is this true?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well considering ones a 700 and ones an 809, the mach runs one tooth higher on the small sprocket so top end is greater. I havent heard anything about engines or suspensions being bad, i wish i had a 99 suspension on my 96, the only thing bad that ive heard or seen is over reving the triples and twisting the crank. Another is the 3 into 1 exhaust bites compared to the triple/triple. Its hard to compare a higher cube engine to another. Mine for instance theoreticly, or what they say on spec sheets, should no way compare to topend or takeoff of an 800 but i keep with them, same for F7, keep with them on the lake. Once the sled goes from factory specs on the showroom floor to the guy that doesnt maintain or beats on his sled, youd be suprised what your sled will keep up with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts