Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled on a 1998 XLT 600 with electric start, reverse and only 845 miles.

They are asking $2200 for it. Anything I should be scared of? I have heard the triples had issues and to stick with twins, but this seems like a very good deal.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
That's a great all round sled ... I had over 6000 miles on mine and never had any troubles with it. Mileage is low and if the machine looks like that is the true mileage I say go for it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
yeah a bit high, id say that should be around 1400 for that sled then maybe add 200-300 for the low miles, but if you do go look at it check the speedo cable where it asttaches at teh bottome and check for grooves in it, its possible the guy/girl removed the cable then re-installed it to fake the miles

·
Registered
41 Posts
The xlt had a bad name for overheating the middle cylinder , they work alright though. def wouldnt pay that much for any sled though , inless it was newer

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a indy ultra 680 and blew the center cylinder just the other day. When it was running It was a ton of fun and lots of power out of the corners. Easy to toss around. I'm a little leary of the tripple, but that one has low miles. Price is a little high though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts