Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP my 1998 polaris indy sport has no spark on one cylinder and weak spark on the other I know it's not the cdi because I borrowed one from a working sled

·
Registered
787 Posts
Check spark plug cap resistance and make sure cap fits snugly. If that appears to be ok remove cap by unscrewing cap from wire and trimming about 1/4" off the wire and reattaching cap. From there go into the more in-depth procedures that Coolhand recommended.

·
Super Moderator
17,303 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
NOS on eBay and a used one Part # is 3083990. Also that stator was used for many years on many different models from the 400 to the 500 to the sport. I am sure you can find one. There is a used one up there for 40 bucks but it looks like garbage. You will be able to find one easy. Also Kimpex makes them as well.

Used one for 154 and it is from KSI which isn't too far from me and I've bought parts from there before with no issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NOS on eBay and a used one Part # is 3083990. Also that stator was used for many years on many different models from the 400 to the 500 to the sport. I am sure you can find one. There is a used one up there for 40 bucks but it looks like garbage. You will be able to find one easy. Also Kimpex makes them as well.

Used one for 154 and it is from KSI which isn't too far from me and I've bought parts from there before with no issues.

Ok thanks my grandpa found one in his shop I will try that one first thanks though it was extremely helpful

1 - 8 of 8 Posts