Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, im kinda new to the whole snowmobile thing b/c ive always been into cars more, but since i just lost my license i figure what the heck. Anywho onto my question, I'm looking at buying a 1998 Polaris Indy 600 XC and i was wondering if there were any flaws with this year/model or anything that would persuade one to get a different sled. Also i was wondering what i should look for when buying a sled(defects, problems etc.).
Here's the sled info:
1998 Polaris Indy 600 XC
Miles: about 2500
no rips in seat
no cracks in windshield
there is a minor crack in hood close to bottom right corner near driver
track looked good(not sure what exactly defines good) no studs
other than the crack it looked like a good sled
Price: $2400
the help is GREATLY appreciated

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
you should see what kbb has to say...however that isnt alot of miles for a 98, if it looks good, it prolly is, but i dunno it all depends. i havent heard of any problems or ran across any with the xc... you should talk to the rider to see if he beat it to ****, or was a granny rider. ya know, just to see how they treated their sled. after that then make a decision. im sure some of the other guys can help ya out aswell

btw welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
711 Posts
It was the first year polaris made the 600 as a twin. You will get about 6-7000 miles on this engine before you will have to think about engine refurbishing.(depending how you maintain it) perhaps a lot more. The price is good. I would bet you could low ball him at $2000. Kelly Blue Book Is always on the high end. Go NADA or ask a dealer for what they think its worth. I know the area you are talking about on the crack issue. This kind thing happened with those hoods. If it is not too big i wouldnt sweat it.

Over all a great started sled for a good price. Unless i am missing something i feel it is a good choice.

Dano

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright the sled is from a dealer, Joe's Sports Center. Fortunately for me the owner of the place is the step-dad of a good friend of mine, so I will just have to talk to him about it i guess. The crack i was talking about didnt look like it was all that bad, I'm thinking they probably had it repaired with fiberglass. KBB said this sled is $2435 and NADA said $2360. Well thanks for the help and the welcome guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts