Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 and 97 formula Z. The heated sheilds quit working on both sleds. When I checked the voltage at the plug it was 2 volts on one sled and 1 volt on the other. I then checked the headlight, which was nice and bright, and it to was 2 volts on one machine and 1.25 volts on another. I did check the meter on my 01 FD600 and it read 13.8 volts. We then tried to switch the V-regulator from one sled to the onther and it made no difference. The 2 volt sled was 2 volts and it did not matter which regulator we used. Any information about the electrical system would be of great help. Thanks folks!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was it during the very cold time? Also check the actuall sheild, if it is cracked or something like that it may not work, i'll check to see if I can find info on the voltages also!

Bryan

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same sled, was questioning it last weekend, i checked it with a meter in Dc volts it showed 1.5 volts at 3000rpm.
I switched to AC volts and got 8 volts. I unplugged the visor connector and rode around, the visor fogged up right away. I guess 8 volts AC is about what you should have. If it's different, please let me know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts