Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
weekend rider
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have no spark on this sled so i checked the stator and it tests within spec. so that leaves me to beleive its the CDI box, problem is i cant seem to find what i need, ebay does not have one at the moment and i have looked at some other sites and cant find one. does anyone know where i can get one or have any tips on thease?

·
Mountain Man
423 Posts
I imagine the 98 600's had the same wiring issues as the 98 Machs did. The harness needs to be wrapped and protected under the motor as it rubs and shorts out. This was do to being a changeover year from F chassis to CK 3 chassis. They say to also move CDI box out from under the motor. I'm unsure about this being the case with the Formula 600's though so you might doo further research on it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
also... i had no spark on my 01 mach... stator tested within manufactures specs everything elce checked out so i replaced the stator been running great ever since.

·
Mountain Man
423 Posts
If you do get a stator get a heavy wound one from R and M stator or have them rewind yours. The stators used on the early tripples were actually twin stators. It also helps take the load off of them by using good Evenrude coils. You can find this info over in the Mach tripples section on Dootalk to build them yourself or order them from Donnie (modmachz) over there as that is what I did.

·
weekend rider
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess i havent been around the dss systems any until i bought this sled, it dosent seem to be very tight but i cant push it in anymore than it is, i will check that out and look at the wiring for the cdi tonight

·
weekend rider
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got fustrated last night with the location of the cdi and harness that is under the motor so i ended up pulling it out which was not that big of deal because i wanted to clean everything up anyway, but i inspeced the wires and did not see anything that was rubbed through, and looked at the dss plug and it is making contact, i will do some more looking this afternoon and try the eraser trick to clean the plug ,thanks everyone:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts