Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy just got a 98 Formula III 700 and was wondering if anyone had the top speed on them or had any experience on one? are they fast sleds?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i own one with 500 miles on it, still runs strong. last night i adjusted the front shocks (put them on the highest setting), and softened up the rear susp. a little, will pull the skis off the ground for a while. corners good for how heavy it is. a little ruff on the trails but nothing you cant handle. great looks too. i would suggest a dyno-port can as i have one and it makes it sound like no other.

·
Registered
20 Posts
also my sled has 144 studs and a 1" camoplast track. hooks up amazing on the hardpack but i find that it has a little trouble hooking up real hard on the ice. my 99 formula Z 500 will beat it off the line for a while on the ice till it stops spinning. but hardpack is no comparison.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Its hard to say on them adjustments for hook-up. Mine sits low all around and i had to run with my sled and jamb on the break in hardpack to bring it down so yours should definatly stand them up Skidooman. Run your limiter strap all the way down, dont take it off, just down to change the track to a more level setting for the launch, too high up or tight raises the front of the track and all you do is spin on the ice. Nothin more silly than seeing a sled straight up in the air and someone stubling behind it. I did go one lower on the teeth of the drive but only lost less than 5 overall mph in doin it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yea, i have never had any luck getting traction on ice anyways. i have a 1" Lug and my studs are worn even with the lug. my sled has 5000 miles not 500, it wouldnt let me edit. hardpack is my best traction element.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts