Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a strange one here. Normally people have issues with too much fuel with the efi. (pressure regulator) I'm having issues with not enough fuel. I checked my pressure regulator at the beginning of the season and I was at 37-38 psi. Tonight I went riding and all is fine except when I get in deep powder and make the machine work. It'll start to cut/sputter like a plugg is fouling. NO backfires. I pull pluggs and they're dry, but look to be getting hot. The heat ring normally on my plugg ground prong is right in the middle. Tonight it's been getting all the way to the threads. This mean it's acting like a lean condition. It'll idle fine and I rode 65 miles of trails tonight and it'll get up to 95 mph. It's only when I call for serious power it does this. When it acts up, i can let off the throttle and give a few seconds and then ease back into it and it'll climb back up in rpms but soon start to flutter out.

I bypassed tss.
I had startor redone.
I put new seals on injectors
boots are good.

I took the fuel pump out tonight. Screens look "normal". There are a few brass shaving in the tank. Gas Is fresh premium. With seafoam.

One other note. It's 2 degrees here tonight. COLD! could this do anything? I have no trouble codes. I'm really stumped on this one. I cant duplicate it on a stand. I have to really load it down where it call for alot of fuel to get it to act up.

Can a pressure regulator also cause not enough fuel pressure?
Sorry so long. I just want to be clear. Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I yanked out my stator again today. I had Blaine on here install some stupid RM Stator repair bobbins I bought to my stator. The stator was an rm stator that failed. 60 miles later and the bobbins failed. Literally burned the wrapping right off the low side bobbin. That's 350 dollars wasted on a company that doesn't derserve the business they get. I sent my stator to blaine to have him rewind it. He's got a waaaayyy better track record than RM Stator. Ugh...this has been an ongoing problem since last season. I can at least say, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks Blaine for doing what you do, so I don't get robbed by the dealer, and don't have to waste anymore money with shotty aftermarket companies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts