Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am going to replacing a seat on my 1998 Arctic Cat Jag. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on replacing the seat. I bought the marine vinyl and the leather needle and the thread. Any tips would help. Any information on the machine would also be beneficial. I am glad I found this forum and thanks in advance for your help.
-Whit

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
i think that has a plastic seat frame seg, you will need SHORT staples and a heavy duty stapler(ARROW T-50) to be able to install cover, be careful so you don't put staples through back of new cover. GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, I will use the short staples and I will send a pic try to load a pic of what the seat looks like now and what it looks like when I am done. I bought black and stayed away from the fady purple this time. I would of bought a new cover but I am almost positive that I can make a nicer one.
-whit

·
Registered
25 Posts
Use Stainless Staples If You Can

I picked some up at Lowes last summer for $10. It sounds excessive but galvanized staples don't hold up for much in outdoor use. They get nasty and bleed rust all over the place, even worse if near aluminum. Stay away from the dealers if you can. Bombardier wanted 50 bucks for staples to do a pwc seat!:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts