Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... I'm working on a 97 ZRT 800, and it's injecting a ton of oil.
Anyone know the specs or proper procedures on adjusting the pump on this particular model?

Thanks in advance, my shop manual for this thing seems to have grown legs :mad:

·
Super Moderator
18,403 Posts
There should be two scribe marks on the oil pump. When you have the throttle at WOT, the scribe marks align. The adjuster is located on the cable at the pump end. You lengthen or shorten the cable to adjust the pump.

You may have a time getting to the pump to loosen the cable adjuster with the airbox and carbs in the way, but you should be able to see if it is aligned... if it's not, loosen the nut on the cable that goes to the pump from the throttle and adjust until the marks align.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has anyone had problems getting the oil pump bolts out? I am having troubles. I had to rebuild my engine this year. Are there any other things I should look out for?

·
"It's Only Money"
310 Posts
Thunder Valley,Quick idea. Remove the full oil pump system and go to premix. you lose the oil reservoir, hoses and pump. I bought a Polaris 95 XLT that had the oil stuff removed. There is an aftermarket plate to bolt in place of the pump(on the Fugi engine anyway). It ran great. Better consistancy in the oil/fuel mix, no overloading of oil on constant little throttle blats, and a cleaner burn. Downside, have to use oil caddy to keep oil readily available. Don't know if there's anything avilable for the Cats. **** luck. OB:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts