Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother's brotherinlaw crashed my sled into a ditch. I saw him crash and ran out to get him. When I got there the sled wasn't running and it was completely on it's side. The air box was shoved forward. I am not sure how long the sled ran on it's side or of that can even hurt it. However I know that now it doesn't run right. I get spark from both cylenders and the plug is wet. However it runs like it has one cyclinder.

I did a compression test and the left cylinder was around 100psi and the right one was 120psi.

I am going to take the carbs off and see if I can see any thing wrong with them..

Also on another note I have a intake balancer for my motorcycle. It measures the vacum of both intakes and you can adjust them so they are the same. I have a manual that shows how to do it for the bike but I am not sure how to do it on the sled.

Eric

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in southern VT near brattleboro.

I am going to try switching carbs left and right to see if that makes a difference. Because the left side is definatly the problem side. Lower compression and I put in a new plugs ran it around for a bit and the left one still looked brand new. Vapors came wafting out when I took out the plug on that side. 100psi might not be great but I would think that it would at least fire....

Well I hope I get it fixed before we get much snow..

Eric

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Figured it out

Hey Figured out the problem.

The plug wiress and or the coil got damaged. They mount to the air box and when it got shoved forwared the wires must have gotten pulled. The spark when you pull it over by hand but it must not spark when it's running. ?? I don't know why that would be but I swaped the plug wires and coil from my dad's zr440 and it worked great.

Eric

I don't have any pictures of it in the ditich.. and pictures afterwards look like a zr440..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts