Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 440 XC that is used for a spare sled that I hardly ever ride, until yesterday, what a pig! Clutch comes in at 5000 to 5100 hard and then upshifts quickly so it is not very trail friendly. Great sled if you what to hammer ditches and stay on the pipe all day but as soon as you back out of it and try and trail ride it (motor) really labors. The current clutch set up is: P85 with 10 MW weights with a orange with a white strip (I think) spring. Secondary is a 34 degree helix with a silver spring 4th hole, and stock gearing. Clutches are in good shape, clean not sticking and using a new 1105 belt (broke in). Polaris service manual calls for a dark blue spring and 10 M weights. Is the stock setup the way to go for these motors or is it just the way it these little XC's run? Now, for that orange spring, not sure where it came from, Cat, Comet or other? Spring length is 3.92, diameter of spring wire is 0.21 Hopefully this makes sense to somebody. Forgive me on my ignorance, I'm just used to big bore sleds. Thanks in advance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts