Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at trading a 1987 Polaris Indy 600 for the 1997 Ski doo and $700 cash on my end. The ski doo is about 60 miles away. Mine has been rebuilt and the ski doo has 3600 miles. The only problem with the ski doo is the seat is ripped. I am just wondering if there are any known problems? I also saw a Vmax up for sale near me for $1300 obo. It has about 4000 miles, but does have a crack in the hood and a dent in the front shock. It looks pretty clean motor wise and it comes with some extras. I am just wondering which sled I should go for? Thanks.

·
Mad Snowshoveler
537 Posts
Depends what your doing with it! I would say you are getting the short end of the stick paying $700 plus your sled (worth at a minimum $500) for a 14 year old skidoo that will need a freshening up soon. I would go Vmax before the skidoo just for price.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I should just keep my sled then? And possibly buy the Vmax. I just don't know if I have the funds to buy a 2nd sled due to being in college now.

·
Mad Snowshoveler
537 Posts
Personally unless you really need to get a new sled this year, just wait until next fall when you have more money from working the summer, I'm a college student as well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya true, I forgot that this sled should last some time seeing as it's been rebuilt and the prices really take a hit during the summer.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
id go with the skidoo if its clean has less miles and will cost about the same considering trade value. 670s are a solid motor arm ripper but solid dependable motor jmo

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I thought I have heard they are dependable. I just don't know about the miles. I know it's pretty low, but you never know when it's going to blow. That's why I didn't know if it would be just better off keeping my sled and going for something cheaper in the summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts