Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for any advice I can get. My problem with my sled is that it bogs down at full throttle. It idles like a champ, runs great, but if I keep that throttle down for more than 5-15 seconds it will bog down and not return to normal until I back off the throttle and idle it for a couple of seconds. This is what I have done to try to fix it...

-Cleaned the carbs, put in the proper jets, set the needles, timed the throttle cables by eye, adjusted the air screw one turn out, put new needles and seats in each carb (triple).

I am just not sure what to try next. It feels like a fuel problem, but it maybe and electrical problem as well Im not sure. One other piece of information is that if I take the spark plug wire off the left carb it drops rpms a little bit, if I take the spark plug wire off the middle one it does the same thing, but if I take it off the right carb it will idle all the way down enough to kill the engine. Could it be a going bad coil and its not getting enough spark to run all the fuel it gets at full throttle? Do I just need to get the carbs tuned by a mechanic?

Let me know what you think any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
i dont know abotu that spark plug thing, but check the little switch that senses when the throttle is closed, it could be getting stuck in the idle or no throttle position when your revving it

·
Registered
608 Posts
sounds to me like a restriction in the fuel supply. It will run good for as long as there is adaquate fuel in the carb bowls. Once you try to demand lots of fuel the supply is not keeping up. When you return to idle and the fuel demand is lower the bowls refill and all is once again well.

Check fuel filters fuel lines for kinks and fuel pickup inside fuel tank. If you can find no faults there check the fuel pump for adaquate flow.

As for the uneven running when you test by pulling plug wires I think maybe the carbs are out of sync.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all of the responses. I will have to check all of the fuel lines to make sure their are no kinks or leaks. Is there a good way to know if the coils are going bad or an easy way to check that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts