Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to this forum looks cool tho, got a quick question.... ive seen people with green LEDs on their sled and i was wondering if i could do that to mine but my issue is i have no battery on my sled and from my knowledge these sleds only make AC current which my hand warmers and thumb warmer are wired too, and LEDS run off DC.. is there anyway to wire my led strips without mounting a battery? and if not do companies make LED strips that run off AC? :confused:
i have a multimeter tester and tried testing DC all over the wires and only getting AC.... so im thinkin about just putting a small motorcycle battery in there?? or not doing it at all but if the sled makes DC somewhere im not finding is my question??? thank you...... :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, i'll be heading to radio shack tomorrow, i'll let u kno how it goes!!!! THANKS AGAIN i'll try and post pictures when complete!!!!!:D

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
I'm not sure you need the caps if you want to make it simpler? there is a link to some good led calculators in the how-to section if you don't want to do it in your head. makes it pretty simple

·
Registered
588 Posts
I wired mine up with a 9 volt battery. I had 15 single 3mm LEDs under the hood and above the front shocks in plastic pods that I made. I drilled small holes through the back of the light housings and poked one in the headlight and one in the tailight too. The 9v powered them pretty well, had to change the battery a couple times throughout the season. It was nice to have the LEDs on when the sled was off. Made it easier to see the sled when we would stop along the trail at night. I'm planning on adding some to my new sled and trying a rechargable 12v drill battery this time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts