Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed both pistons, pins, bearings and rings after the fan belt broke and it overheated then took out the clutch side piston. I removed the smeared piston off the cylinder wall with a little Muratic acid. Cleaned and honed both jugs. Everything went together great and was torqued to spec. My delima is that it has 125 compression in both cylinders, beautiful blue spark and premium Fuel premixed but even when I put fuel directly in each cylinder with a metal straw it won’t start. How can the be?? The items needed are spark compression and fuel. Any ideas? It did start Once after working on it for 30 minutes so I rode it to seat the rings and after 10 minutes it started running strong after initial break in ride it idled good. I shut it off and went to bed. It hasn’t started since. Stil has same compression. Spark and fuel.
Appreciate any input. I useualyv work on Artic Cats
I appreciate any input

·
Registered
26,127 Posts
Welcome
The only thing I see being questionably is did you replace the seals?
At that age it should have been twice already LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replaced the base, head, Intake and exhaust gaskets. Is there something more I should check?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Starting procedure:

1. Three squishy primes

2. PULL start.

3. Once it fires, get on the Primer to keep it running.

But these machines are very prone to flooding. So if it doesn't fire, pull the spark plugs and pull it over a few times. Clean and put spark plugs back in and hold throttle wide open and pull.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts