Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wisconsin Brapper
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running rough, good compression. Spark on all three carbs. Oil injection works. Really boggy and backfires occasionally. :confused:

PLEASE HELP!! lol :dunno:

·
Wisconsin Brapper
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, let me revise this posting a lil. So my friend bought this 96 Ultra that barely ran, for an OK price. When taking the carbs off, i found that one of the slides came loose from the cable, so I was like sweet, that was your problem. We clean the carbs anyways and re-assemble this thing. It basically runs like total sh!t. Its boggy, backfires a lot, and only goes like 40mph at full throttle and will barely hit 7500 rpm's. At first, we didnt have spark on the recoil side so i cut the wire back a bit and got good spark. Ok, it runs a bit better, but still sucks. It basically dies at idle, and is a little b!tch to get started again. Compression is 120/120/116. Spark is all good, and plugs were changed several times. Exhaust is not plugged up, fuel pump works, heat exchangers are all working. We got some spare carbs off of an ultra we had some i'm going to try those but what could it be? This thing runs like a total turd, and my friends getting very frustrated. Thanks!!

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
You might need to clean the carbs again if the sled hasn't run for a while. New gas tends to dissolve the old gunk and varnish and plugs the jets soon after you "just cleaned the carbs".

·
Wisconsin Brapper
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sled has fresh gas with all the junk gas drained out so thats not the issue. I hear from snowmobile fanatics that its the jets being gummed up. I didnt have enough carb cleaner to get that part done with the carbs so will be doing that tomorrow and then running it. If thats not the problem, its probably dirty clutch. Will post new thread with hopefully good news. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts