Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was driving my 500 indy and I got it stuck in the snow. After I got it out I slowed down a little and when I tried to pull the throttle a little bit, it made a weird clicking noise. I pulled the throttle a little harder and the sled took off. The rest of the night I never heard the noise anymore but the sled couldn't reach high rpm or top speed. When I hit the throttle it had very little response compared to before. Any ideas on the clicking noise and rpm issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last night I was driving my 500 indy and I got it stuck in the snow. After I got it out I slowed down a little and when I tried to pull the throttle a little bit, it made a weird clicking noise. I pulled the throttle a little harder and the sled took off. The rest of the night I never heard the noise anymore but the sled couldn't reach high rpm or top speed. When I hit the throttle it had very little response compared to before. Any ideas on the clicking noise and rpm issue?
Did one your throttle cables that go into your carb maybe broke and now that one cylinder is only idling? I just broke mine doing a needle height adjustment. Seen that my cable was frayed, ordered a new one, put broken one back together "just to try it" and it made a sound similar to what you described when it broke as I cycled the throttle (not running)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts