Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me what the stock carb settings on a 1996 Formula III 600 are(needles,air screw ).Does anyone know how to syncronize without mercury sticks?I have a bog in the low end,seems to take off to slow and then kicks in but sounds like its missing.ive checked the compression and it has about 117 all the way accross.it doesnt seem like its revving fast enough before it engages.Could it be out of sync?I cleaned the raves and the carbs ,all look fine.I just got it this year and only rode it once ,the gas tank was full when I got it ,could it be bad gas?Sorry about the long post im just trying to explain the best i can.Thanks for the help in advance.

Alawens

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Changing fuel is the first/least expensive step. Air screw static adjustment is one turn out from seated. Slide needle static setting is middle slot as far as the E-clip goes. Check how the plugs look after you run it, they should be a toasted marshmallow brown color. If dark/black and oily, it's too rich.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you turn the air screw out that makes it richer?or leaner?I cant remember.Sorry about the silly question.I am going to change the fuel in the tank and i think i'll take the carbs off again and clean them and drain them as well,Thanks for the quick reply,i see your posts up here alot and it really sounds like you know yer stuff.Thanks again

Alawens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts