Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the stock h.p. on these? Are they pretty fast? What other sleds would they beat? Top Speed? Im just curious cause i picked one up a little while ago.I cant wait to ride this winter.Another thing i was wondering is I was thinking about re-gearing for more low end. Ive been hearing that if I drop a tooth on the small sprocket i will gain more low end and keep close to same top speed.Is this true?Does anybody know the stock gearing and width of the sprockets?Sorry about all the questions im just trying to get some info before i tear into it.Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
275 Posts
They say 123ish but who knows. Gears are 25 top 44 bottom. Unless you have a few thousand stashed dont mess with the gears. High rpms on these tripples do nasty crank twisting. Clutch it. Highest i got was 108 on the strip and barely stopped...lol. Open ice is higher but not much. Mine keeps with F7s but either the H.O. 8s or mxzx do a stompin if i could see them enough to tell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot for the info,I was wondering also what i have to do to the clutch?Can i just change spring and weights or just spring?What about the secondary?Again ,Thanks alot for all your help.:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
You pretty much need to have matched weights and springs on the drive and helix and spring on the driven. Ask a local dealer what the stock setting are they should be well enough. I have a ice drag setup on mine and all i do is wheelie 100+ feet if i dont flip over first on the trail...LOL. It would be better off stock then waste 300-400 bucks on a clutch setup you have to install and rip out the limiter strap every 50 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts