Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a problem with my sled. In order to get it to run you need to shoot starter fluid in the plugs then it only runs for about 5 seconds. If you give it gas or you dont it dies. Any ideas

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
do not use starter fluid it start up your sled it is really bad for the engine. put in new plugs. how old is the gas?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Not getting any fuel. Disconnest the fuel lines from the carbs and pull it over. Are the lines shooting fuel out? If yes, the carbs have a blockage in them somewhere. If not, either the tank/lines have a blockage or the fuel pump needs help.

·
GIT ER DONE
312 Posts
sesnopro said:
do not use starter fluid it start up your sled it is really bad for the engine. put in new plugs. how old is the gas?
Yea, What he said , bad - very bad. Mix up some 2 stroke mix ( gas and oil ) and use that for your firing test. You can put that directly into the spark plug hole. I also use a spray bottle and you can continue to fog into the carbs to keep a unit running. If it keeps running this proves the electrical portion and you can concentrate on why you have no fuel up to or through the carbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts