Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went and looked at a 1996 arctic cat EXT 580 EFI today. i was just wondering if anyone has these sleds and if its any good. the sled was mint and had 2600 miles on it. guy wants $1800 for it. is this a good deal? are these sleds good all around sleds? how do they handle? what is the top speed? are they reliable? any input would be apprecitated. if you click on this link you can see a picture of it. http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/1/6/62974216.htm
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Moochdog, I sure hope so. I just bought two of them at about the same price and mileage as yours. The former owner really enjoyed them, sold them as his kids are now in college. I like them for my type of riding--should be good machines.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i've said it before, the efi is junk if it's not battery-less. i personally would not buy it. i had a '95 zr 580 carb, not sure what the diff. is between the zr and the ext, but the zr handled nice, had a good 100 mph top end and was reliable. that's now my brothers sled and he beats on it all the time and doesnt have many problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts