Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 95 ZRT 800 with 4000 miles on it. I'm interested in learning what parts or points should, or will need servicing soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice.. I just picked up a well taken care of 96 zrt600 w/ 6800 miles from the original owner and it runs perfect. I'm just hoping it stays that way through-out the season.

Good luck w/ yours!:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Consider how well it was maintained. ie greased all the fittings, track tension, clutches free of belt dust. Give 'er a once over and make sure all the bolts are tight on the rear skid frame. It sucks to lose a wheel 20 miles from the trail head. Been there done that.

One grease fitting that is often overlooked is on the drive shaft bearing at the botom of the tub under the driven clutch, where the speedo cable connects. Had to replace that one once on my '97 wildcat after it failled on a ride.:mad:

Clutch condition is another thing to look at. Consider having them inspected at your local shop. New springs and bushings are not a bad idea,rebuild is not all that hard if mechanically inclined.

Inspect the drive chain and interior of the chain case, proper tension and good lubrication can prevent a breakdown, once again been there, done that.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Happy snow goin'
Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts