Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Vmax up for sale near me for $1300 obo. It has about 4000 miles, but does have a crack in the hood and a dent in the front shock. It looks pretty clean motor wise and it comes with some extras. Are there any problems with the vmaxs? I heard the clutch was fixed from the 1994 model. I am just wondering if I should go with this sled or a 1997 Skidoo mxz670. I would be trading my indy 600 and about $700 cash for that. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
94 Posts
go with the skidoo them yr yamahas ride like a rock and there crap in the fluff go with the 670 mxz thats a solid engine and there nice sleds too

·
Registered
27 Posts
My opinion if he is willing to trade for an older sled and some cash on a 16 year old machine there is most likely something expensive wrong with it.

The sled in good mechanical condition isn’t a bad sled, no more or less dependable than any others. The real tell tale on a sled of that age is how well it was maintained. That you wont really know until you put miles on it.

The best sugestion i could give you is to look in the "Stickey" part if this forum, there is a tread about buying a used sled.

If it measures up to the requirements, and you have an overall comfortable feel then go with it. Sometimes people find good deals.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the help. Also, are you saying it would be a good deal if it checks out?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I cant say if it is a good deal or not without seeing it for myself. I know my opinion of a sled in good shape is different for other people...... I dont like to give half an answer, but i would hate even more to give bad advice. At the end of the day my opinion means less than nothing since im not the one on the sled.

If it were me look at what you have now, and what you would be getting, and remember that a 16 year old sled will need something.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
well i have the 95 v max 600 as well,i like them for the most part BUT!! mine has the 2 up seat,reverse etc.and i want a single seat,my motor may have 5000 kms on it,was replaced 2 yrs ago,and takin out once last year.Ive always come back to yamaha,and if i sell or trade this one off,im looking for a vmax 4 lol.biggest prob i find with vmax is the track needs studs,it loves to get squirrly in soft snow,but a very good trail sled

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This sled sold before I had a chance to look at it. I have heard they are reliable sleds, like most Yamahas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts