Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a track for sale locally that has 1.75 paddles on it and I was wondering if it would work on my 1995 Yamaha vmax 600 dx

The track is 136x15x1.75
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
i know for fact the 1.5" track will clear if you change the drivers to 8t vs the stock 9t. been there, done that. never tried the 1.75, but it would probably clear as well with the 8t.

however, the additional 15" of track length will equate to needing some sort of tunnel extension as well as rail extensions somewhere around 7.5".

rail extensions are easily aquired, the tunnel extension is another story.

as far as i know there are no aftermarket companies producing tunnel extensions for your sled. this leaves you with only a couple of options. first would be custom fabrication, second would be the availability of factory parts from any 94-96 ST model vmax, ie., the tunnel extension, if its still available.

nice upgrade to your sled. a bit inhibitive for easyness, but can be done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 3/4" track fit

First reply so here goes.
A 1 3/4" track will not bolt in to a 94-96 V-Max without alot of heavy work and using 7 tooth drive spockets. I just put one on my 96 V-Max XT with 8 tooth sprockets raised the back 1" and rolled the center upper rollers a 1/4" and still had to cut 1/4" off of the paddles.
I found one tunnle extension that may work but it is listed for a 97 up and was $155.00 and may have to be modified.Not on my budget so i am making my own extension using 1/16" aluminum.

·
Registered
88 Posts
yamahadad4 reread the thread it's a yamaha vmax dx i got same sled it's a two up so yeah the 136 track will fit cause it already has a 136 so latterass screw everything yamahadad4 said about tunel and rails extension get a smaller sprcket should fit right it only make sure your sled's not forcing you might need to gear down yout chaincase but the dx are preatty geared down of the start so you shouldn't have much of a worry

·
Registered
26,195 Posts
The 8 tooth driver will gear it down some, but I would drop another tooth on the top gear and maybe even add another to the bottom!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts