Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i bought a 1995 ski doo mxz 440 i have a couple questions

1. how much hp does a 95 440 mxz liquid cooled 440 have

2.i backewd the oil injection off all the way it still over oiling im starting to think the cable is the problem i think its too short because it was a race sled some one converted to oil injection it floods out really easy too the guy said he put 210 jets in it but i figured id mess with oiling problem first it go like 65ish then just seems to flood isnt as snappy as most 440s i have had either wich i think is the carbs and oiling thanks bryan

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
If it was fogged before summer storage, it will smoke like an ex-convict for a LONG time. I just had the same issue with a '97 Doo I bought.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

yea its nothing fancy guy just raced it sold it to another guy who pissed around with it for a year whats a stock trail 440 hp im gonna try lengthing the cable on the oil injection cable tommrow i think

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
...im gonna try lengthing the cable on the oil injection cable tommrow i think
Don't just go playing with it unless it NEEDS to be lengthened. There are marks that should line up when the throttle is at its rest position. If the cable is too tight/short to get the marks to line up, THEN mess with the cable. Otherwise; you'll end up with a burnt-down engine that doesn't smoke (or run anymore).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts