Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out for my 2nd ride of the year and my machine ran good all day and the time previous. I ended up putting my machine on its side (breaking windshield,speedo headlight). I stopped 2x after and machine ran fine, drove it all the way home, no problems. I go out to start it next time and it is now flooding itself, changed plugs 3x, each time soaked. I had carbs rebuilt about a year ago or so, but I also didn't drain out gas at the end of last year. But it ran fine up until the spill and then parking it. Can anybody help me out with some ideas to try? I have spark, that I checked, disconnected fuel lines, drained carbs, pulled it over to clear cylinders and it flooded itself again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could be your fuel pump or the needle valves not seating properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Formula sl

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking that as well. Is there a way to test the fuel pump to see if it's the problem. I hate to replace it and that is not the problem. I'm gonna check the carbs out today. One thing that I have noticed this year and I have seen a post or 2 about is the primer. Last year you could prime it and leave the primer pulled out for an extra shot when starting but this year the primer seems to pull itself back in almost like there some form of suction on the primer line. Any ideas??

·
Registered
16 Posts
If the fuel pump diaphragm is busted then you will have fuel pouring into your crankcase trough the pulse line.

So remove the pulse line from the crankcase and see if fuel is coming out of the pulse port on the fuel pump.

If there is fuel coming out its time for a fuel pump rebuild.

Do you have an actual primer or are you talking about the enrichment circuit that is a plunger activated by the cable on the dash.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It could be the primer too.

You could remove the fuel line from the primer and temporarily plug the the fuel lines and see if it helps.

Check your intake and make sure you don't have a blockage that would create to much vacuum that would create a suction effect and suck too much gas from the carb bowl and primer hose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts