Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Puma that was running great all day yesterday. Kids were having a blast and when the day was done drove it onto the trailer. Went to pull it off the trailer and now I have no spark at all. I tried the jumper wire trick between the non-yellow wires still no spark. I used an ohm meter to test between the other wires coming off the stator. I have the 2 male one one female style plug. With the female in the down position...top left male to female 19ohms. Nothing between top right and female. Nothing between both males. I stabbed the wire to make sure the connector itself wasnt bad. There should be continuity between them but with higher resistance right? It always did start VERY hard with electric start since I've owned it (not long) Would that have been the warning it was starting to fail? Or do I need to look into the coil/cdi box? Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes....nothing. with it connected the headlight lights up while trying to start...but i think that is a different coil on the stator from what I've read???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts