Snowmobile Forum banner

1994 Polaris Indy XLT SKS 580 Water pump and belt

3K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  polaris754 
#1 ·
Hello all: I was wondering if anyone knows of where i can buy an after market water pump and belt for my 1994 Polaris indy XLT SKS 580? I would rather buy new rather than a used one.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply steepanddeep. I reached out to them and you are right they no longer produce the pump. This old sled is starting to give me a head ache in finding parts. As much as I love it it might be time to give in and get a newer model. Thinking of going 4 stroke

Discussion starter · #9 ·
just a little update. I was able to locate the 2 O rings and belt all at different sites. I was not able to find anyone to ship a New water pump to Canada. Thank you all for your help,

Discussion starter · #11 ·
A little snow here but not enough to ride. Thank God because I have so man part that’s I’m waiting on to get here. I don’t only have to deal with the boarder but now I have parts coming from BC and that is where all the flooding is and goads washed out so all my shipments from there are delayed. Thinking of just going to buy a newer one and avoid all this head ache and Finnish this one over the next summer so my wife can use it next year

Discussion starter · #12 ·
another update. i was finally able to locate a New water pump on Amazon. I had also ordered the 2 O rings and a new belt. Not sure if the New pump comes with them. i was not having any issues with the old pump but decided to put in a new one along along with a New fuel pump, All new fuel and vacuum lines. and i decided that seeing that i will have the cover off to replace the fuel pump i will replace the recoil cord and if required i will rebuild the recoil itself. Its been a busy fall and winter working on this sled. I also changed all idler bearings replaced 2 rear idler wheels and all of the suspension in the Skid. oh yeah and a new seat. I just haven't taken out the Carbs to clean them yet. Ive never worked on a sled before as i am new to this snowmobile world but i think that pulling apart the carbs is what stresses me out the most. Just wish i could meet someone out here that can work/teach with me more about sleds. Next spring i am getting the top end rebuilt and all of the engine gone through.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the tips once again BC-Dan. I'm slowly working up the courage to tackling this. and i will have to go look at the tutorials as i dont even kn ow what you mean by needle and seat o_O

Discussion starter · #17 ·
good day everyone. Here i go again with questions. As i am well aware i will need to empty the collant in my sled before replacing the water pump. Currently my sleds rear is suspended because i am still waiting for a rear shock to come in after 2 months. Is this a good position to drain out all of the fulid? from my understanding i need to empty out the block then the over flow then remove the line going to the coolers under the foot rails. Is this correct? ALso when i am ready to refill the collant i believe that i need to lift the front end about 12" off the ground, Fill the Block then the over flow. Again is this correct?
Thank you

Discussion starter · #21 ·
Good day all. I was wondering if I had to drain all of the collant to change the pump or can I leave the collant from the coolers still in there? Can I get away with just simply draining the block and the over flow and the just collect what ever come out of the coller hose when I disconnect it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.