Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a problem with my Indy trail. First it wasn't starting, I checked for spark and fuel it was getting a weak spark so I changed the coil pack. Meanwhile I took off the exhaust to find it was full of gas and oil, so I decided to rebuild the carbs. Now it runs and starts great but it wont move I cleaned the clutch and still nothing can any one give me some ideas.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Did you try running it with the track off the ground? The engine may still be full of gas. You could pull the drain plugs but if it starts I would just run it with the track off the ground for a couple minutes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tired that and the same thing. So the only other two things that I can think of is that the track is getting bound up on something or clutch isnt engaging properly. I took the belt off today and i could get the engine up tp 6000 rpm

·
Registered
162 Posts
What happens when you run it with the track off the ground? Does the engine rev up and do the clutches shift out? Something must be up with the clutches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happens when you run it with the track off the ground? Does the engine rev up and do the clutches shift out? Something must be up with the clutches.
When I run it with the track off the ground or on the ground it doesn’t seem to still want to go over the 3500 rpm but you can see the clutch try to engage and smell the belt melting. I’m getting the say symptoms either way

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently had a problem with my Indy trail. First it wasn't starting, I checked for spark and fuel it was getting a weak spark so I changed the coil pack. Meanwhile I took off the exhaust to find it was full of gas and oil, so I decided to rebuild the carbs. Now it runs and starts great but it wont move I cleaned the clutch and still nothing can any one give me some ideas.
Most bogging issues due worn drive belt. 47+_ 1/4
in outside circumference . 1 1/4 max belt deflection w/ 5/8 offset. Check spring in secondary sheave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts