Snowmobile Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Which is the one? Should be the bottom picture those are on eBay as I said before they are all the same 34mm Mikuni that Polaris used from the '80s through the late '90s 50-100 bucks then you take the jet settings from polaris browse or use the jets from your current carburetor.

Rack carbs won't fit on a 440 fan cooled from 1994. If it has rack carbs then someone put a much newer engine from '99 and up in it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Which is the one? Should be the bottom picture those are on eBay as I said before they are all the same 34mm Mikuni that Polaris used from the '80s through the late '90s 50-100 bucks then you take the jet settings from polaris browse or use the jets from your current carburetor.

Rack carbs won't fit on a 440 fan cooled from 1994. If it has rack carbs then someone put a much newer engine from '99 and up in it.
Its a single carb

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
So the bottom one then. Just go to facebook marketplace, craigslist or eBay and do a search for Polaris 34mm Round mikuni carb. Then once you find one take the one that is bad apart. Write down exactly what position the clip is on the needle, take apart all the internal jets and right down what they are. On the Idle screw and mixture screw on the body slowly turn each one in to set write down how many turns out it was 1-1.5 turns or w/e it was. Take the new carb apart take all the jets and put them in a bag as you won't need them, take mixture screw out all the way and the idle screw out all the way. Take the needle/seat out as well. Now get some good carb cleaner not walmart garbage and spray it in every passage. Clean every jet as well in carb cleaner take a small piece of wire into every passage. Put it all back together in reverse. I have a write up on how do to mikuni carbs in another section of the forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
there beyond cleaning I just bought new one

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Make sure you take the jets out of the ones that came off the 440 and clean them up and put them in the new/used carbs with the c clip and all that exactly as it was so you don't burn down the pistons.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts